KCPA is collecting items to benefit the Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault. Donation of cash is needed for the purchase of underwear, bras, toiletries/ personal hygiene products and blankets, sheets and towels for women and children of all ages. Also, we will be accepting used cell phones (be sure to remove any personal information before donating) for emergency use by Alliance clients. Cash or any of the listed items may be submitted at the April general meeting or contact Starlene Parson c/o Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Inc., 615 California Avenue, 661-334-4672.
Deadline: April General Meeting
MISSION AND HISTORYThe Alliance’s mission is to stop domestic violence and sexual assault in Kern County and assist survivors in reclaiming their lives.
The Alliance was founded in 1979 as a volunteer- staffed 24-hour hotline for battered women to access services in Kern County. Our diverse programs provide protection, prevention, education, advocacy and transitional services for thousands of Kern County women, children and men each year.
• 24-Hour Hotline Crisis Intervention (661) 327-1091
• Office Walk-in Crisis Intervention Monday through Friday – 8:30-5:30
• Domestic Abuse Response Team / Sexual Assault Response Team
• Case Management / Referral Assistance
• Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter / Transitional Services
• Individual Counseling for Adults and Children
• Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counseling and Awareness Groups
• Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Education and Prevention
• Sexual Assault Awareness/ Self Defense Classes for Women
• Bilingual Peer Counseling Groups in Rural areas of Kern County• Hospital / Court Accompaniment / Advocacy
You can help the Alliance change lives by volunteering your time and talent or by making a donation. Call to find out more 661-322-0931.