Family Law Paralegal or Legal Assistant
Well established law firm looking for an experienced family law paralegal or legal assistant. The qualified applicant would need to have either a Bachelor’s Degree or a 2-year Associates Degree. This applicant would need to be able to work independently, deal with stressful situations and be able to handle the emotional side of divorce. Our hours are 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and off at 2:30 P.M. on Fridays. Salary would be negotiable and based on experience. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 8/6/2019.
Immediate opening at Belden Blaine Raytis, LLP for a legal secretary with a minimum of 5 years civil litigation case management experience. Must type a minimum of 60 wpm, have excellent computer knowledge and organizational skills, and a thorough understanding of State and Federal civil rules. Hours are Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Competitive benefits package, with salary commensurate with experience. E-mail resumes to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 6/6/2019.
The Kern County Employees’ Retirement Association (KCERA) is seeking a talented candidate to work as a Paralegal/Senior Paralegal. This is a unique opportunity to join a new and growing team that performs a variety of routine legal tasks under the supervision and specific delegation of an attorney. Please use this link for the job bulletin and instructions on how to apply. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kernco/jobs/2413166/paralegal-senior-paralegal?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Date Posted: 5/2/2019.
The ACLU of Southern California (ACLU SoCal) seeks a Paralegal to join our team in our Kern County office. The Paralegal will provide support for the advocacy work –both litigation and non-litigation — for the Advocacy department of the ACLU of Southern California, with a focus on Kern County.
• Prepare and execute filings of a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to complaints, briefs, motions, court forms, declarations, exhibits, and discovery documents;
• Research court rules and procedures and communicate these to attorneys to ensure accuracy of filings and non-rejection by courts
• Maintain primarily electronic case files including pleadings, correspondence, discovery and other materials;
• Communicate/coordinate with clients, court personnel, co-counsel, partner organizations, etc.;
• Draft correspondence, declarations, and various legal documents such as requests, notices, and orders;
• Assist attorneys with legal research, including cite-checking (Westlaw), internet searches, using off-site libraries, copying abstracts, cases, etc.;
• Maintain case calendar;
• Conduct factual and policy research;
• Conduct and/or assist in interviews of clients, witnesses, or legal intakes;
• Assist with coordination and management of projects, meetings, events, etc.;
• Attend and participate in community meetings as necessary;
• Assist in drafting requests for public records/information, as well as analyzing and organizing responses to such requests;
• Provide logistical and administrative support (preparing materials & documents, making logistical arrangements, attending and providing support for meetings) for organizers and policy advocates in Bakersfield office;
• Assist in management and coordination of ACLU volunteers in Kern County;
• Work with the Finance Department and other legal staff to generate billing reports reflecting fees and costs expended in litigations;
• Coordinate and oversee administrative assignments with Advocacy Assistants.
• Coordinate with ACLU SoCal’s office manager, IT department, and other administration for support needs for Bakersfield office;
• Other duties as assigned.
For qualifications and other information click here. Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org (NO Phone Calls PLEASE) or mail to:
ACLU of Southern California
1313 W. 8th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Date Posted: 4/18/2019.
Intellectual Property Assistant
Sun World International, LLC has an immediate opening for a full time Intellectual Property Assistant for their Bakersfield office. The Intellectual Property Assistant is responsible for agreement drafting and maintenance. This position will manage intellectual property files and provide general legal administrative support. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will be well organized and committed to meeting critical deadlines.
1. Create and maintain domestic and international agreements in accordance with regional regulations and best business practices;
2. Coordinate the execution and processing of domestic and international intellectual property documents, filings, declarations and agreements, including recordation and legalization when required;
3. Maintain confidential library and database of domestic and international agreements and intellectual property; provide reports accordingly;
4. Filing responsibilities, including but not limited to, maintenance and creation of domestic and international licensing and IP files (paper and electronic);
5. Provide general administrative support to IP Manager as needed. For required education and experience, proficiency requirements, and other job duties click here. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 3/14/2019.
Immediate opening for a paralegal with a minimum of 7 years personal injury case management experience. Must type a minimum of 60 wpm, have excellent computer knowledge, and a thorough understanding of State and Federal civil rules. Must be able to work independently. Hours are Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Competitive benefits package, with salary commensurate with experience. Knowledge of HotDocs and Prolaw a plus. E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 3/12/2019.
Midsized Bakersfield law firm has an opening for an experienced Legal Secretary. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a litigation practice and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.). Applicant must have effective time management and organizational skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be detail oriented.
• Perform daily administrative duties, such as scheduling and calendaring tasks and appearances
• First point of contact/representative for clients
• Create, edit and revise documents
• Court filings including E-filings for Local, State and Federal Courts
• Other duties as assigned
Serious applicants only, send resumes to:
PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO RECRUITERS, PLEASE. APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT AND RESUMES WILL BE HELD IN CONFIDENCE.
Date Posted: 3/4/2019.
PART-TIME LITIGATION ASSISTANT.
I am a +25-year Real Estate/Business sole practitioner and I am looking for a paralegal with substantial (5+ years) litigation experience to assist me in routine litigation matters (pleadings, discovery, etc.). The position will likely be an independent contractor rather than an employee, and I am looking for three days per week, roughly 4-5 hours per day. Days are flexible. Some work can also be accomplished remotely from home. The amount of compensation is negotiable based upon current market rates and experience. Big plus if currently licensed as a Notary. If interested, please email to email@example.com or just text me at (661) 703-5688. Michael T. Whittington
Date Posted: 2/26/2019.
The Law Offices of Neil E. Schwartz is seeking an
Experienced Bankruptcy Paralegal
For a Fast Paced Office
Must have paralegal certificate or college degree
Must be bilingual with at least 2 years’ experience in bankruptcy
Job responsibilities include:
Prepare trustee packets, reaffirmation agreements, follow up with trustee
Draft motions and notices
Send resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 2/1/2019.
Family Law Paralegal
Borton Petrini, LLP, an A-V rated law firm in Bakersfield, California has an immediate opening for an experienced Family Law Paralegal with the ability to perform delegated substantive legal work. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to (1) efficiently prioritize multiple assignments in a timely manner, (2) draft family law pleadings and documents, (3) analyze detailed financial documents, and (4) participate in case planning, development and management. Must be familiar with legal calendaring timelines and local and state court rules. Strong writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with clients and opposing counsel is required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Essential Forms Judicial Council Forms or Westlaw Form Builder for Judicial Council Forms. Candidate must meet the requirements and be in compliance with California Business Code Section 6450. Competitive salary and benefit package offered. If interested, please email resume to: email@example.com.
Date Posted: 1/8/2019.
To advertise your job post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Ads cost $50.00 and includes publication in the Paralegal Post our monthly newsletter.