The goals of the Responsible Gambling Policy are to:
- Manage potential harm associated with gambling by creating a responsible gambling environment.
- Educate and inform employees, members and the local community about potential harm associated with gambling.
- Create awareness of significant benefits that will arise where employees, members and the local community assist the club in its endeavours to minimize potential harm associated with gambling.
- Ensure compliance of the Relevant Acts and Codes of Practice.
What is Problem Gambling?
Problem gambling exists when gambling activity results in a range of adverse consequences where:
- The safety and/or well-being of gambling customers and or their families and friends are placed at risk; and
- Negative impacts extend to the broader community.
Potential Harmful Effects of Problem Gambling
Some potential harmful effects of problem gambling on individuals and the community are:
- Personal – stress, depression and anxiety, poor health, suicide.
- Work and study -job loss, absenteeism, poor performance.
- Financial – financial hardships, debts. Asset losses, bankruptcy.
- Legal – theft, fraud, scams.
- Interpersonal – domestic violence, relationship breakdown, family neglect.
- Community services – pressure on charities and public purses.
What is Responsible Gambling?
Responsible gambling occurs in a regulated environment where the potential for harm associated with gambling is minimized and people make informed decisions about their participation in gambling.
Responsible gambling occurs as a result of the collective actions and shared ownership by individuals, communities, the gambling industry and Government, to achieve outcomes that are socially responsible and responsive to community concerns.
Harm Minimization Strategies
- UFABET has a responsibility to ensure that Responsible Gaming Policy are strictly adhered to.
- UFABET will implement strategies to minimize the potential harm associated with gambling.